Sunday, June 20, 2010

LGBT Pride

June is Pride Month- Thanks Clinton and Obama!
Pride is the antithesis of shame, which we all feel enough every day about so many things. Why feel shame about our sexuality? I know that I have touched on the subject before, but I am, essentially, "bisexual." I prefer the term fluid, but for some people, less aware of sexuality's many gray areas, "bisexual" works just as well.

Gay, Lesbian, Queer, whatever you want to call it, all is related to our feelings. Feelings of attraction, love, arousal, what have you, are all just feelings. We have laws withholding feelings! How completely, stupidly, utterly, SIMPLY SILLY! The laws that are so-called "protecting the sanctity of marriage" are just keeping the legal agreement to love another person assigned to ONE GROUP of people. We allow biracial marriage, we allow different cultures to marry one another, we allow a tall man to marry a short woman, a catholic to marry a Canadian, a furniture salesman to marry an architect, doctor, Christian, Wiccan, knitter, cat-lover, dog-hater, farmer OR WHAT THE FUCK EVER but we can't allow a woman to marry a woman?

I know, this conversation has happened time and time again, I just don't understand the hatred of a group of people.

FUCK YOUR BIBLE.
God doesn't hate anyone. God loves. That what we are MADE FROM.
LOVE.
If God wanted everyone to marry the opposite sex, he wouldn't have given us the option to reject that idea and love, kiss, fuck the same sex!

Don't tell me we need to procreate. Once you have adopted every child in need of a home, without food and shelter, then we can talk. But there will always be babies, because as people, we are made to love in every way. Men, women, it doesn't matter. Who I love has no boundary of genitalia. I love who I love because I see the beauty in the person I am with, not what their body looks like.
IT'S JUST A VAGINA, FOLKS. Don't be hatin'.

Have pride in yourself. Have pride in our species and how we love. Have pride knowing that you are not one of the many who hates, but one of the many more who accepts, loves and protects our LOVE.

Love is what we're made from. Have pride in THAT.

unknown source

a PositiveNation cover


by Suo Me

all of these photos were found via Google and none of them belong to me.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME post!!! Love this. ^_^

    And I agree... Who you marry should be based on who you love. It doesn't matter what you're gender, religion, race, culture, hobby, career, etc. is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God doesn't hate anyone. God loves. That what we are MADE FROM." I agree completely with this and what Angela said as well.

    P.S. I have something for you on my blog! :o)

    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .