Monday, June 7, 2010

avoiding the TACK.

Tacky is a word my grandmother used a lot when I was a child. To be honest, I had tacky taste, so it was appropriate, especially for on old woman who didn't want to tell me I was straight up ridiculous and tasteless.
So, tacky.

Today, I bought (with Daniel's approval even!) a large, maybe 3 foot tall, framed faux painting (a print that has texture added) of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Yep, the one on the left, only I found that image on Google.
Anyway, I have never been fond of the whole "poster" look for art. I am not a pop art kinda gal (think more vintage, modern, cozy and warm looking) and I'm trying to figure out how to work this piece into my home. Any ideas for complimentary pieces? (Only cost $13, so there's no way I was leaving without it)
I just hate the idea that I will be one of... those girls. The ones with Audrey and Marilyn on their walls. Next to their leopard print fuzzy pillows on their red microfiber sofa, from Ashley.

No, no. I will not be. I will work Audrey into my home and she will CLASS THIS SHIT UP.

HARUMPH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .