Sunday, June 27, 2010

an award for my blog?

I just posted a new entry and checked my old comments-
Naomi over at Naomi Chronicles gave me this little award! How sweet! (And odd that I just mentioned I wish I had more of a following... Because I'm self absorbed...)


There are some rules to this award:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award

2. Share seven things about you

3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs

4. Let your nominees know about the award!



Well THANK YOU Naomi! I always love your comments and your blog entries are so interesting! I can't imagine living your life, so having the very personal entries you make publicly displayed is a learning experience for me and the rest of your readers. You sound like a good mama. :)

Some things about me:
1. I have successfully raised a calla lily plant that is next to my bed while at the same time murdering a hydrangea that is sitting completely dead in my living room out of laziness and hopes that it will spring back to life, like some sort of flora-zombie.
2. I eat more butter than anyone should and I have no problems with that. I believe a life lived without butter is not really being lived at all. Ask Daniel. He will vouch for my obsessive butter-consumption.
3. I am my mother's youngest child, ten years younger than my two (half, but I don't think of it that way) brothers, and my father's only child. I am also my grandparents' (dad's parents) only grandchild, and they always wanted me to be a pageant queen. I never entered a pageant. Instead, I got piercings and tattoos.
4. I met my significant other on MySpace when adding thousands of strangers as "friends" was popular. I thought he was cute, sent him a request and an email about something or other, and we started talking on MSN messenger. Then on the phone. Our friendship and mutual crush lasted for five years before we finally got together, and it continues to grow into a more beautiful relationship all the time.
5. I love making pie crust. Something about it just feels so wholesome and housewifely that it makes my hips ache to wear a little apron and my mouth water in anticipation of the flaky, buttery goodness of a pie shell.
6. I love eavesdropping. I think of it as a sort of "found" conversation. On the bus in Portland, I used to pretend to read while listening into conversations. On the same note- Christ, teenagers have a lot to say about stupid shit.
7. My favorite alcoholic beverage so far is Gin and Tonics. Not excessively strong ones, just the regular old recipe:
1 part gin
3 parts tonic
squeeze of lime
MMM!

Okay, now, some blogs I like, that are totally deserving of some award-type love:

Definatalie (she's big time though, so I'm not going to send her an email about this little award...)
Tastespotting (another big time blog I am not going to email)

I don't read many blogs that I find I repeatedly go to, but these ones are great for different reasons.

Jane(y), author of Uncharted Territories, was in a few of my classes in gradeschool. I remember when she skipped a grade and joined my class, how weird and cool I thought it was. To skip an entire grade! She is a very interesting young lady with INCREDIBLE taste in food, music, style, what have you. I quite enjoy reading her blog.
Shenae, author of Laughing out Loud, is my Humboldt BFF. I see her most days now that we live in the same city and we have many adventures together. Tonight, I believe we are having a cooking adventure. I love her and her boyfriend and their two guinea pigs, Kabuki and Watson. They're all like my extended California family. She is OBVIOUSLY an interesting person with an interesting blog. WORK IT, GIRL.
Angela, author of High on Life, is one of my fellow 20SBs, a reader of mine and I am a reader of hers. I love how in love she is with her wife, Jen, who she talks about in most posts. She is, like me, a super-nerd and loves things like video games and lolcats (from what I can tell by her lolcatspeak). Angela is super pro-love, pro-positivity and all for equal rights, which I love. Her blog is sweet and I enjoy it, every time.
Natalie, author of Definatalie, inspires me to love myself more with all her posts. Her artwork is amazing. She is a total fatshionista, style icon, designer dream. I have sent her way too many "OMG I LOVE" tweets and such to not seem stalkerish. So I'm not gonna tell her again how much I adore her writing/art/everything.
Tastespotting is where I find inspiration for cooking when I don't know what to cook. Check it out. It is incredibly yummy looking and so well organized!

I hope I fulfilled my part of this little award ceremony! Enjoy your own awards, guys. However janky they may look. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks! I actually feel the same about your blog as well. :)

    By the way, you make your own pie crusts? Major props! I still need to get around making a pie and making my own pie crusts is even further down the list. :o)

    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .