Sunday, March 14, 2010

More AMIGURUMI!

Dear Reader(s),

Yesterday I sat back down to the crochet needle and decided to freestyle an amigurumi. I wanted to make a sugar-skull-type doll. I started making a flower (I have never made one before) and that turned into my doll's hat. She is a little skeleton with lipstick, eyelashes (stitched, that is), teeth and a ribcage, a rose collar and skirt. Along with her hat. She is rather adorable, though just slightly on the lumpy side. But who am I to judge?

Today, I started again, this time making a sort of acorn-shaped body for.. I wasn't sure when I began. In white sugar & cream yarn, I made a small body and then decided to make a purple version of the shape, just smaller. I decided, after finishing these shapes, that they were to be owls.  Adorable little white and purple owls. I used the button eyes that you sew on after closing the doll, rather than the eyes that you poke through with an anchor (which I used on my sugar doll). The photo included is a mobile upload that I took after finishing my owls. I hope you enjoy it.

Right now, I am sitting on a sofa covered in amigurumi books, though I didn't use any for my recent dolls. I like to look at them for ideas, and yes, I will use the patterns at some point, but right now I'm learning how to do the basics of doll making and I really like the ability to deviate from my original plan. Yes, I have a problem with commitment. At least when it comes to projects.

Speaking of commitment, Dan and I are doing so well. He is a total sweetheart. We spend a lot of time together and, surprisingly, don't get sick of one another. Granted, yesterday, in a fit of PMS and his post-work exhaustion, we had what my mother may call a "tiff," (by the way, auto-correct didn't highlight "tiff") and were irritated for a few minutes, but those things are always resolved quickly.

That's it for fancy things. This blog post has been written over two days of ignoring my duties of writing.... But it's time for lunch.
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .