Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Almost Afternoon!

Dear Bloggers and Readers,

Today, I woke up to my boyfriend's incredibly annoying alarm clock (his phone, Batman theme ringtone. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Batman, but NOT at 9am) and then the kitty jumping in our bed and snuggling for roughly two minutes before zooming out. After about ten minutes or good morning snuggles, my phone rang and I answered in my "I've been up for hours!" voice. It was a place I had emailed last night about a job, requesting an interview! YAY!! (an Autism care center for children)
I am going crazy living here. Living with your significant other's (from now on, we're say S.O.) mother, your pseudo-mother-in-law, is an awful idea. Not only are MILs crazy with their empty nest syndrome, but they are passive aggressive as hell! And I do understand- as a generation raised by women who were raised by women, we try to raise our sons to be the best men in the world. The men we never had! So no matter how amazing a girl is (and I'm not all that amazing), she's never going to be good enough for one of the Saint Sons.
And, yes. Daniel is wonderful. I love every bit of him to pieces, but his mother... I like her. I do not love her. I do not feel she is 100% accepting of me. She also knows very little about me, and to be honest, I don't mind that. I used to be a very loud, outgoing person, but these days I'm a bit more reserved and introverted. I like having secrets. Like, I'm bisexual. I have dated women. His mother does not know that. My mother knows. My siblings know. Dan knows. Dan's mother does not.
Another thing she has no clue about: we are planning our marriage. The reason she doesn't know is- we live with her. Neither of us thinks it's a grand idea to tell her about it while living here. It would be too much and I know she would do that disbelief thing that mothers are so great at, where they dismiss everything because their own psychosis won't let them let reality sink in. I have a mother, I know how they work.

That subject is way too intense to stay on it much longer, so, new one: My hippie cake!
The cake I made the other day using that caramel sauce.. It turned out AMAZINGLY good, but not at all how I had planned. I didn't check to see if we had all the ingredients because we always do. Unfortunately, we didn't by the time I needed to add them. Sigh. So, I was adding the four eggs, but we only had three. To google: Egg substitutes in cakes. Google's answer? Applesauce or bananas. I used a ripe banana. Then, adding the three cups of flour, we only had one. After looking around for a while, I found a container of what LOOKED like whole grain flour, so  used that. It turned out to be whole grain pancake mix. I mix my cake and make it different colors in separate dishes- red, yellow, blue, green, orange and purple. Put it in the oven and while it's baking, I make the frosting. Two cups of powdered sugar, a stick of cubed butter, almond extract and almond butter and OH MY GOD- this is the best frosting ever. Seriously. Amazingly delicious. Wait for the cake to cool, frost, caramel on top and MMM. It's like squishy, sweet, creamy banana bread- tie dyed banana bread.
Sadly, no photos yet, but should I get some, I will add them.
I know, photos make a blog shine, but this is just a quick update before I go about my business of showering and getting ready to drop off resumes.
Cross your fingers for me! I really need a job so we can move out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .