Friday, May 14, 2010

Feel I'm Alive

Sometimes, the title of my blog posts are just whatever lyrics I hear when I enter the field.

Daniel and I have successfully lived in our new home for a whole week today! Happy one week anniversary, house! We love you so much. *BEAR HUG*

Our home is a small one. It has a general living area in which we can entertain, enjoy media and eat. Connected is a small, open kitchen with two squares of counter, one of which is taken by the dish drainer, and three cabinets. Yes, small kitchen hell, BUT I AM A GENIUS.
I trolled Craigslist and found a sweet little breakfast bar on wheels with two stools for $60. Seriously good deal considering the baker's racks I was checking out on Amazon were about $75+ and didn't come with extra seating. Bonus: the bar is exactly the height of our counters and matches the kitchen. Extra bonus: the stools are the perfect height to be used as two mini coffee tables! The bar caps off one counter while I have a wire rack blocking the oven on the opposite side. Our kitchen is slightly separate now, and our daybed-sofa is AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE. For serial snugglers like me, there is no better solution. We have about... 15 pillows on it (I just counted), a big snuggly blue blanket and some pretty sheets for guests.

Tonight is what I'm hoping to be a little date night for me and Dan. I think I want to stay in and bake us up some yummy dinner and watch a movie. Maybe some homemade mac n cheese and a veggie tart? Yum.

Mini post because I am needing to get gussied up.
Pictures sometime soon!
<3

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Sounds ADORABLE and so so homey. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela. :)
    I read quite a few of your blog pots- sounds like you and Jen have a lot of cuteness of your own!

    ReplyDelete

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .