Monday, April 5, 2010

The Ex, Work and Coffee.

By "The Ex," I mean Daniel's. We call her "Clifford," as in, "The Big Red Dog." She's a redhead (I certainly don't hate on the gingerfolk- a lot of them are hot. She, however, is not), if you hadn't guessed.
She has been a little gnat in our lives this past week.
A few days ago, Dan's phone got an obscene voicemail around 11:30 from some guy saying he was fucking Clifford silly, coming on her face, etc.- LOTS of graphic detail. Gross. So, I googled the number.
It was from Clifford's work.

The next day, we went to said workplace and spoke with the manager about their phones were being used. The manager was very interested in the subject and now the owner of the store is involved. All I can say is: You reap what you sow. And she is reaping a big pile of manure.

Can't say I'm totally devastated by it.

Today, Clifford called Daniel, after telling him she had deleted his phone number, to tell him she was oh so sorry and would he pretty please drop the complaint against her and her coworkers? (Two other workers were involved in this phone call) Daniel was wavering and saying he really appreciated the apology but I was furious and told him to tell her she made her bed and she needed to lie in it. And so, he told her just that. He then told her to forget he ever existed, never contact him again, delete his number, forget him. She said okay.
Ten minutes later, he gets a text.
And another.
And another.
And, I'm not kidding, another.

He had told her at this point if she continued to bother him, he would file a harassment charge, but we both feel that it is unnecessary, so he is simply informing her workplace of her incessant phone calls and text messages.

if only you eating the bitch was a solution to the problem, Mr. Crocodile.


Later, he mentioned how his mother had talked to her, and does so often, knew Clifford was moving to SoCal and that she had called his mother to talk about what happened. This infuriated me. I already feel like his mother doesn't particularly like me, and now I find out she's chatting away with his ex? So uncomfortable. If my mother were talking to my ex like they were still pals, I would be furious, uncomfortable and irritated. I asked him why he wasn't upset by their continuing friendship and he said he was but couldn't do anything about it.
I asked him to talk to his mother about his feelings on the subject.

I realize I am very whiny, but the thing is- this is my blog. It's a journal where I can talk about my selfish feelings and irritations and not worry about them.

As for work: I LOVE IT! The staff is so kind and the kids are great. Granted, getting one of them out of bed was incredibly difficult, but eventually she got up (after bribing with chocolate). You wouldn't think of some of the incentives that these kids get, but hey, what works, works.
I'm exhausted from waking up at 5am, but I'm certainly not upset about it. I loved my work day and am honestly bummed to be home. And bummed that Dan is at work.

I drank about eight cups of coffee today.
So. Sleepy.
More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to know your living a rich and meaningful life. and that you have a meaningful person to share it with. I want to thank you for helping me, it was a brave a kind thing you did.

    ReplyDelete

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .