Thursday, January 7, 2010

Modern Fance

I saw Avatar in 3D yesterday and holy cow was it amazing. Talk about fancy! The CGI in that movie is so incredible- most of the time, it looks real. And I'm still always impressed by RealD. Anyway.

The other day, while doing the "pretend furniture shopping" again at Pier , I remembered my love of mirrored room accents. They have a vanity/mirror set and some end tables that are all mirrors, and I remembered my old wish for a mirrored desk (which a vanity could quite easily be).
Though I still love mirrored accents, a desk isn't quite what I'm going to go for. I think that Dan and I will actually get a couple sets of floor shelving units and put either a piece of wood or glass on top as a two-sided desk.















How sweet is that? You'd certainly have to keep it as clean as possible... But imagine how much faux space it would add to a small room!

I'm assuming that Future Home will be a small space, possibly even a studio. Shared with two people, this could be a bit of a problem, if for no other reason than because we both have stuff! Books and paintings and knick knacks and so on. I think one of the biggest challenges about creating a home for both of us is going to be setting it up in a practical and beautiful way. I love this photo; it shows how to take everyday objects and make them into focal points and it shows how to positively exhibit your personality and style through simple organization and decoration.

And now, some absolutely gorgeous photos of Wish Apartments.




Mirrored Accents!:

No comments:

Post a Comment

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .