Sunday, January 3, 2010

Daydreaming of my future apartment...

My wonderful boyfriend, Dan, is using the main computer (where I play Sims3) and so I am looking up gorgeous photos on my netbook of some rooms and ideas for our future apartment (we are currently living with his family).

Give me this bedroom:

Oh please? I truly do deserve it! I would bleach those white sheets and use fabric softener and windex the damn mirrors every day!

I found that photo while deciding what to do for our headboard-to-be. It will either be a large painting-turned-headboard/focal point as shown above, a homemade slatted headboard or a homemade fabric headboard. Hey, it's all about DIY when you're a twenty(or thirty or forty)-something!

Some fabrics I am loving for said fabric headboard:













this beautiful blue, dotted one from waverly fabrics.













this blue, floral one, also by waverly, but found on a different site.












yet again, blue, but with brown sort of paisley accents by convington wilmington. This is my top choice because it fits the robin's egg/chocolate theme that Dan and I are going for. 
Yes, he actually likes the palette! 

We chose it together, in fact, one day at Target. If you've never done this with your significant other, try it: 
Go to a shop with home decor. Ask them to pretend you are buying bedding/a sofa/etc. that day, and to choose whichever they like the best. You do the same, then show each other your choices and talk about why you do or do not like the other's choice (keeping it constructive, of course). It's really fun, and surprisingly, most guys even like doing it. Everyone likes having a say about what goes into their home! You can find mutual tastes through doing this. Pier 1 is also great for this activity- we decided to save up for their double papasan chair after both exclaiming "I want this!" at the same time upon seeing it.

I hope that you quite enjoyed reading this, my first post on Found Fancy. I'm hoping this is a blog I will actually fall in love with- but how can I not? I spend all day dreamin' about my future apartment, and noticing how horribly tacky my current decor is... But we all have our downfalls.

love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

get a free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .